Avoiding MLS Mistakes
Use these links to answer your MLS questions and avoid common mistakes.
“Clear Cooperation Policy”
MREC Social Media
& Advertising Rules
Listings On the MLS vs. Listings Excluded from
or Sold Propery
Coming Soon Listings
& MREC Regulations
Should ONLY be Used to …
Should NOT be Used to …
“Clear Cooperation” mandates the listing must be submitted to the MLS within one business day of any form of advertising. Signage and social media is advertising.
* However, a seller may request the listing not be disseminated on the MLS. This might be for a temporary period of time (repairs, etc.) or permanently- that’s the seller right. If either applies the listing broker must submit to the MLS, within the same 72 hour period of time, an Advisory and Authorization to Exclude from the MLS signed by the seller(s) and broker. Form is attahced. The completed document is kept on file in the board office. If anyone calls about the property not appearing on the MLS, they will be informed that the seller has requested exclusion from the MLS.
* The same applies if you are the REALTOR-owner of the property. If you do not want the property listed on the MLS, for any period of time, complete the MLS Exclusion form and submit it to our offic
MLS email SHOULD ONLY be used to promote the NEMSBD Board, Board functions and MLS-related issues – Open Houses, MLS listing – related notifications, changes and listings
- You cannot promote anything non-related to the MLS- no services, people, non-REALTOR sales, etc.
- You cannot promote any rental property that is not currently listed as a “For Sale” property on the MLS.
- You can use MLS email concerning the need for rental properties/situations, the need for certain types of housing, land, etc.
MLS email SHOULD NOT be used to promote or advertise any business that is not an Affiliate Member of the NEMSBD Board.
- When advertising “Open Houses” through MLS e-mail, you cannot promote any non-Affiliate member as sponsor/provider for the event. Affiliate board members pay annual dues. It is not fair to them to promote non-members via the MLS. At the event you can promote, place signage to promote a non-Affiliate sponsor but not through MLS email.
- It’s easy to verify a NEMSBD Affiliate member– you can call our office, or go on the MLS and type in their name or business under “Office/Member”. If they are an Affiliate member, their name and contact info will show up.
- Also, if they aren’t an Affiliate member, please suggest they join. Give us their name and we’ll send application information.
- You can promote NEMSBD Affiliate members as sponsors/providers for “Open Houses” via MLS e-mail
- You can thank and promote other NEMSBD REALTORS, gift winners and Affiliate sponsors following “Open Houses” via MLS e-mail.